Flying is a great way to get around the country or world, but there are some things you just shouldn’t do while on your way. In this post, we’ll outline seven things you must not do on the plane so that your flight goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Drink Your Own Alcohol
Do not drink alcohol on the plane. This is a violation of federal law and could get you in trouble with the authorities. Not only is it illegal to drink alcohol on an airplane, but it’s also incredibly dangerous: drinking alcohol can lead to accidents and missed flights.
Even if you’re not flying with an airline that enforces these laws, doing anything that could lead to getting arrested or into legal trouble is never worth it. Stick to water and other non-alcoholic beverages when traveling, you’ll be much safer and enjoy your trip more anyway.
2. Refuse to Wear Mask
There are a few things you must never do on a plane. One of these is refusing to wear a mask. Why? Because it can spread diseases like the flu and bronchitis. And, if you’re unlucky enough to get one of those viruses, wearing a mask will help keep you from getting sick.
3. Behave Inappropriately
When traveling by plane, it is important to remember a few rules of etiquette. One of which is not to behave inappropriately.
Remember that you are in a confined space with people who have a lot of money, and they may not appreciate your behavior. Additionally, be aware that some airlines have policies prohibiting certain behaviors. If you are caught engaging in any inappropriate behavior, you could be subject to fines or even being banned from traveling with the airline altogether.
4. Wear Clothing that is Inappropriate
If you are traveling to a different country, be sure to adhere to the cultural norms of that country. For example, in some cultures it is considered inappropriate to bare your chest, so avoid wearing a tank top or displaying too much skin.
Additionally, many countries have specific dress codes for men and women that you should adhere to if you want to avoid negative attention. For example, in some Muslim-majority countries, women must wear a veil that covers their entire head and body. And while it may not be necessary in most Western countries, many people still abide by conservative dress codes when traveling abroad. Ultimately, whatever you wear on the plane will depend on the destination country and its cultural norms.
5. Introduce Strong Smells in the Cabin
Introducing strong smells in the cabin can be a huge annoyance for passengers. Not only will they clash with other passengers, but the smell will linger and can become quite unpleasant. Here are some tips to help avoid bringing strong smells on the plane:
- Pack your luggage with items that do not smell strongly. This includes fragrances, cologne, body lotions, and so on. If you must bring something that smells strongly, make sure to apply it before boarding the plane.
- Avoid using perfumes and scents in general while on the plane. These substances can cause headaches and other problems for people who are sensitive to them.
6. Joke About Threats
Don’t joke about terrorism on the plane. This could lead to uncomfortable conversations and, ultimately, less security at airports. Threats of terrorism are always a serious matter, so don’t even think about joking about them.
7. Attempt to Vape
- Do not attempt to vape on the plane. This is against the law in most places and can get you in trouble.
- Do not bring your vape gear with you on the plane. This includes electronic cigarettes, e-juices, chargers, and any other vaping devices.
- Do not use profanity or insult other passengers while vaping. This can get you into trouble with the airline security staff.
- Respect other passengers by keeping your vaping device and materials out of sight and out of reach of others.
There are a lot of things you should not do on the plane, but some of the top offenders include drinking alcohol, eating foods that are bad for your health, and using electronic devices. By following these simple guidelines, you can make your flight experience much more enjoyable and worry-free.